Monday, May 30, 2005

Voip.... NOT!

I haven't posted in awhile, I've been busy trying to signup for voip. It hasn't worked out too well. I Bought a 1402s/l voip router from dlinkshop. It was $50, it came with a $50 rebate(only if Lingo acct activated), found a $5 off loyalty code, shipping was $8 - net cost $3! I Found out that Lingo offers first month free if you bring your own device. And, with a referal, a $25 credit after the 3rd month. So, first 4 months & device = $0(1st)+$20(2nd)+$20(3rd)-$25(4th cr.)+$3(device)=$18!!

Unfortunately, after 15 calls to customer service, 100 trys on the web registration & getting the royal run-around, these clowns can't figgure out how to accept my credit card ( a run of the mill US visa card), nor tell me why they can't process it. AAAIIIIIEEEE!

So, I figure the Dlink box is just a repackaged 1402s, I'll just hook up with a different provider. I go to their web site & sign up - NO PROBLEM accepting my CC!!

So then I plug in the Dlink box.......................................Dead as a doornail!! AAAIIIIIEEEE!

So, Dlink is refunding the cost of the box, plus shipping both ways, Kudos to you Dlink!
The newly signed up provider agreed to reverse the charges...

So, I'm looking at SunRocket, as soon as the credit & reimbursements come in, I'll probably sign up with them...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home